Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bracket result

So according to the Bracket matrix--which you can find on the right in the links section--My projected bracket finished tied for 9th with an overall score of 341. I had 65 teams +/- 1 seed. This was the most of anybody among the 115 brackets. I missed just South Florida and Iona. Only 7 people had Iona in! So I'm pretty happy at how well I did. I did a lot of resume searching and I ended up putting a lot of stock on the RPI top 50 wins that teams had.
     For the bracket I filled out after the tournament was selected I had Baylor, Michigan State, Ohio State, and North Carolina in the Final Four. I have Ohio State defeating Michigan State in the Final. I'm doing pretty well with these picks so far but the rest of my bracket isn't great. Of course who could have known that two number 2 seed would go down in the 1st round! I was in utter amazement when I heard Duke lost.
     Big game for Purdue tomorrow! Hopefully they can knock off the Jayhawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment