Thursday, April 21, 2011

2006 Scout camp

Way back in 2006 I went to my first scout camp.  It was at Camp Chief little turtle, up near Fort Wayne, and it was probably my worst scouting experience ever.  (along with getting the first aid merit badge 3 times)  There were thousand upon thousands of mosquitoes.  They were literally everywhere.  Add that to the fact that I had the misfortune of having to go to a first year campers program, (through a miscommunication of sorts).  At this said program in which I had to spend my entire day, I didn't pass of one requirement, as I had already passed off most of them before camp.  I didn't get to go boating or swimming all week.  It seemed that all the mosquitoes had converged upon this part of the camp where we had this program.  As of right now I can still feel the mosquitoes as they try and eat me alive, I think its in my head but I can feel them right now as I talk about this.  I also didn't get to choose who I tented with so that was unfortunate as well.  We were slapping our legs and arms all the day long.  One scout had more then 600 bites.  I wore mostly pants, so I didn't get as many, but it was miserably hot.  Again the mosquitoes were everywhere.  It also rained for the last half of the week.  The few bright spots were that we once had a fun game of Ultimate Frisbee where we tried to take our minds off of the mosquitoes.  Oh yeah, all the bug spray sold out of the trading post immediately, there was none left.  We also had a fun game where we sprayed a water hose at this ball type thing to the other teams side, my team did pretty well, I think we got like 4th out of the whole camp.  And.. We got a cool T-shirt!  Other then that there isn't much.  I remember going back to church the next day after we got back and talking about the good and the bad of this camp.  And we couldn't come up with anything good, and if we did it wasn't a very good one.  Well at least for the rest of my life I will have this experience to talk about, and it doesn't get much worse, so that means that everything else I ever do will be better!  Great!  Maybe Jimmer could have stopped those mosquitoes.. or not.     

No comments:

Post a Comment