Thursday, April 21, 2011

2007 Camp Maple Dell

In 2007 I went to scout camp at Camp Maple Dell, all the way out in Payson, UT.  It was awesome.  I got a bunch of merit badges, and had a lot of fun.  I was there with my friends Kameron and Konner who moved out to Utah.  The best part of the camp was the Canoeing.  There was a competition to see who's boat could survive the longest.  You would go out in your canoe, line yourself up with another canoe, and start shaking the other boat with your hands, in an attempt to swamp them.  It was so much fun, and not one other scout camp I've ever been to has ever come close to letting people do this, much less encourage it.  I mean, the other scout camps I've been to don't even let you hang your feet out of the boat!  So all you people out there, what has been your most fun scouting (or rebel like) experience?  Also did I mention there were hardly any mosquitoes?  Yes there were hardly any, there were bears, yes most definitely there were bears.  But no mosquitoes, and that's what counts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment